Monday, November 19, 2012

Giving Thanks!!



What a day it’s turning out to be.  I was so excited to get a nice, lazy day off…  Get the house all to myself,  get a little laundry done, work on a new blog, chat it up with some people online, and catch up on my favorite TV shows that I miss because of work or whatnot...  The normal things a person looks forward too.  And for the last half hour I was doing just that.  The first live episode of “The Voice” was blaring from the TV and I was getting all set up to write a blog about Thanksgiving and what I’m thankful for, then bam… Comcast went down!  After trying to plug and unplug the dvr and disconnect and reconnect the internet  - I’m done.  Hit the proverbial wall so to say…  The wind is really kicking outside so I’m guessing that’s the cause behind this little mishap…  But at least my laptop is still up and running (knock on wood) so I can still work on my blog, just can’t enter it.  So here is the blog I was working on, before the lights went out (which luckily I was able to copy and save!)  I hope you enjoy :-)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As everyone gets ready to celebrate Thanksgiving with their family and friends, I find myself with a feeling of being overwhelmed at how fast the year has gone.  It feels like just yesterday I was at my parents’ house, bringing in the New Year with those I love.  We reflected on the past years and looked forward to all the possibilities to come.  2012 was going to be a great year; we could feel it and brought it in with a bang.  Then just like that, it’s almost gone!

                 This past year has been filled with so many ups and downs.  At times it felt like the roller coaster that would never end, it had its high moments that I wanted to last forever and its low times that threatened to keep me down, but what a ride it was.  Even with the bumps along the way there is just so much to be thankful for.  One of the many things that I am thankful for is that I am able to surround myself with the best people in the world.  I have my family that I can always count on to be there, my loving boyfriend who, without him, I don’t know where I would be, and the best friends a person could ask for.  It’s really only when times get tough that you realize just how important it is to have people that you care about and care about you around. 
I’m also thankful for my pets, who are themselves an extension of my family.  Without them I feel life would be really quite dull…  Everyone that has a pet knows just how wonderful it is to come home and find them waiting for you, loving you unconditionally and constantly reminding you that there’s so much more to life than work and school. 

 I’m also thankful to have a steady job, which helps me to put food on the table, clothes on my back and a roof over head.  Even though sometimes my job makes me want to scream (those of you out there that have ever worked retail know what I mean), I truly enjoy going.  I think a lot of the reason I enjoy my work so much is the people I work with.  They’re all so uniquely different and such wonderful people.  We’ve been through a lot together and I care about each of them so much. 
As I write this though I can’t help but get a lump in my stomach.  There are so many out there that don’t have jobs, are lonely, scared and/or have no one to turn to for help.  Specifically those on the east coast that were hit by hurricane Sandy, my heart aches for them and I hope they find some sense of piece going into these next few months. 

So as you sit down to eat this holiday season, remember those that can’t… Those that have been lost to us throughout the year, and those that are in pain.  Remember to give thanks to what you have and cherish those around you.  Thanksgiving to me is about just that, a time to give thanks, and when times are as tough as they are, it’s more important than ever. 

 
                          I want to wish everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving!!!          

1 comment:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving to you too! If you still need help with your Comcast service, I am here to help.

    Thanks,
    Mark Casem
    Comcast Corp.
    National Customer Operations
    We_can_help@cable.comcast.com

    ReplyDelete