Sunday, June 2, 2013

30 Day Challenge - Day 2






“Describe 3 Fears You Have”


1.  One of my fears, which I've had since I was a child, is the fear of heights.  I’m not exactly sure when it started or even why, it’s just always been there.  I remember when I was younger feeling nauseous and dizzy whenever it came to climbing a ladder, stairs, looking out the window of an airplane, etc.  It’s gotten a little better as I’ve grown older, mainly because I’ve acquired some helpful breathing techniques, but I still avoid having to do anything that involves climbing.  

2.  Another fear that I’ve had since I was young is a fear of needles.  Just seeing one makes me start to sweat and freak out.  I remember when I was in 2nd or 3rd grade I had cut my leg open really bad.  I had literally run into a small bike that had the metal training wheels on it.  When I finally landed on the ground I looked down and could see my bone through the gash in my leg (a sight that will stick with you forever... lol).  Anyway I ended up needing to have 35 stitches.  Before they could do the stitches though they needed to numb the area around the cut.  It took my mom, dad, two nurses and a doctor to hold me down so they could get a needle by me.  

3.  I also have a fear of failure.  I always worry that my best isn’t good enough and that I’m going to put myself out there and get completely ripped apart.  Especially when it comes to my writing.  I think a lot of it comes from me keeping my writing to myself for so long that I’m scared of what people will think of it, that nobody will like it.  I do it anyway though because writing is my dream and it has been for a very long time, probably as long as I've had this fear.  But some fears, I think, are made to be overcome! 


No comments:

Post a Comment