Tuesday, June 4, 2013

30 Day Challenge - Day 4




“List 10 Things You Would Tell Your 16 Year Old Self”


It took me awhile to come up with this list... There are several things in my past that maybe should have gone differently! Though, if they had, I wouldn't be the same girl many of you have come to know today!!  I love my life, who I am, and who I have around me today, so I really don’t have any regrets... But if I did get to sit down with my 16 year old self, give myself some advice that may make things easier to handle or better throughout the years, this is what I would say:

1.  Don’t be too hard on yourself! (Realize that you can’t control everything that happens or help everyone! Failure is ok!)

2.  Pay more attention in class! (Just because you don’t like a teacher doesn't mean you can’t learn something from them!)

3.  Enjoy being young! (Don’t try to grow up too fast...)

4.  Try harder to control your anger! (Not everything is worth fighting about and not everyone is worth fighting with!)

5.  Don’t give up on your drawing and writing! (Keep doing what you love... Though we come back to our writing later in life it would have helped throughout the hard times between then and now.)

6.  Don’t date just to be in a relationship! (It’s ok to be single!)

7.  Ask for help if you need it! (It’s not seen as a weakness!)

8.  Don’t take everything so personally! (There’s a lot of people that will put you down to make themselves feel better... These people are not worth getting upset about!)

9.  Don’t start smoking!!! (Trust me... It isn't worth it! We end up quitting but it’s a long fight, which we loose a couple times, before finally beating it!!)

10. And finally - Don’t worry so much about the future! (We turn out just fine!)

No comments:

Post a Comment