Sunday, June 30, 2013

30 Day Challenge - Day 30



“Are you happy with your life right now?”


What a great question to have for my final blog entry!  This 30 Day Challenge has been a blast and I want to thank my friend J for messaging me about doing this challenge and Thomas for coming up with the fantastic questions.  I also want to thank everyone who has been reading my entries throughout the month.  I hope you guys had as much fun reading them as I had writing them!  So, without further ado, here is my final entry for this challenge (I kind of feel like Jerry Springer with his “final thoughts of the day”...lol)  Enjoy!!

As I sit here where my boyfriend works watching him move from one job to another, throwing a smile at me over his shoulder, I can’t help but smile back.  My life has gone through so many ups and downs over the years, all of them making me into who I am today.  Staring down at my computer I flip contently through the many files that are filled with all of my poems, short stories, and works in progress.  Each one a reflection of my thoughts, feelings, hopes and dreams (maybe some nightmares! Lol...)  Long ago I had imagined that I would be well into my career by the age of 30, in my own home, and financially well off.  Hell, if you had asked me in High School where I thought I’d be I would have told you that I wouldn’t be in California by 30 or working in retail.  Yet as we all know, nothing ever works out like we plan it to.  So I may not be exactly where I had planned on being all those many years ago, but I know I’m where I need to be, where I belong.  I have the love and support of a wonderful man, my family (whether they’re near or far) with me, and some of the best friends I could ever ask for... So in answer to this final question - Yes, I’m extremely happy with my life right now!!  I wouldn’t want to be anywhere else... xo

No comments:

Post a Comment